Friday, January 09, 2009

Frugal Friday

This is exciting for us. We have decided that all the money we're saving is going to be squirreled away for our very first ever family vacation. Disney. Much planning will follow, I'm sure. So Frugal Fridays will now include a running tally of what we've got in our vacation fund. Yay!

CVS this week...
Two rolls Christmas wrapping paper
Christmas gift tags
2 bags Dove chocolate
1 candy-filled plastic candy cane (not pictured...already devoured)
20 rolls Cottonelle
2% milk (cheaper than the grocery store this week...sad)
Fructis Shampoo
Mylanta
Baby Powder
Tylenol
Sudafed
Colgate toothpaste
Colgate toothbrush
CVS total out of pocket = $26.62
I was trying for less than $20, but the Christmas clearance called my name, the milk was absolutely necessary, and I forgot a $1 coupon for the baby powder. A savings of $51.33 with $6 extra care bucks left to spend isn't too bad though.

Giant Eagle
Out of pocket $98.37
Total Savings $47.52

Vacation Fund=$98.85

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...