1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
First of all, I don't really knit yet. I'm mostly a crochet gal. I have tried my hand at beginner knitting and will probably try it again soon.
I can find a project for just about any kind of yarn, though I do prefer soft stuff to scratchy stuff.
I do NOT like wool because, sadly, I am allergic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a crochet hook pouch, but my knitting needles sit at the bottom of a basket in my living room.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been crocheting since I was about 12. I started with granny squares and have since graduated to all sorts of things. I consider myself intermediate on the pattern reading. But given enough time, I can usually figure it out.
I am a very beginner knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, an Amazon wish list...but it is combined with wishes for my son as well.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Sweet stuff for candles. I don't like bath products because I'm usually allergic.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Any candy...though I am definitely a chocolate lover.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Sewing and scrapbooking are my other two crafty things I like to do.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm a country music gal mostly, though I do like the softer/acoustic versions of modern pop/rock tunes (Nickelback, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is my favorite color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with one son who is four years old (you'll get an earful about the rest of my "family situation" if you read this blog much...sorry about that). I have lots of pets...Six dogs, three cats, three fish, and two horses.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats and mittens...yes. Ponchos should be outlawed. lol
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to crochet most anything wearable. I do a lot for charity for babies. Oh...and snowflakes are my current obsession.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I'm working on a gift for a friend's baby. shhh...it's a secret.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes...I LOVE handmade gifts. I have been the very lucky recipient of many wonderful gifts from friends and family.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum hooks. Needles...I'm still developing a preference. I own aluminum and bamboo and I like them both for different things.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A month or so. I usually like to do a project start to finish instead of letting them sit unfinished.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
This is a tough one for me. I used to love Christmas but now it's a bit sad. I guess it's still my favorite...though I love my birthday too.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Dragonflies have personal meaning, though I don't really "collect" them. Of course, yarn is always piling up around the house...and fabric.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There really isn't anything I'm "dying" to get my hands on, though I would like a snowflake pattern book. I have no subscriptions to any magazines.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would love to learn to knit better. But I really don't have the time or the concentration to learn something new right now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope...never knitted a sock in my life. My feet are a US women's size 9 or 10, depending on the style.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 8th