Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Treasured memories

Who is this girl and why is she standing barefoot in the snow?

In 1980, when I was eight years old, we all took a trip "out west." We hit Yellowstone and about a zillion other scenic points along the way. We traveled with my aunt, uncle, two cousins, and my grandparents (my Dad's side). When I thought back on it, I thought I was older somehow. But I was eight...eight years old and gullible enough to believe my cousin when he told me that glacier snow wasn't cold.

I'll probably look through these old photos and post a few more. They make me smile.

3 comments:

cat said...

Ok wait, not to mention you are wearing shorts and short sleeves! You look very cold out there.

Very cute and cold.

Sweet Coalminer said...

That is such a cute picture. More! More!

lorem ipsum said...

My friend AB and I did similar pictures driving across the Sierra Nevadas. Not to mention the requisite stop at the Donner Pass, fingers in mouths in mock auto-cannibalism.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...