Monday, March 09, 2009

Remembering Thomas

I can not wish a happy birthday to a little boy today who should be four years old.

Instead, I can only look at his picture and just keep wishing, "Just breathe...just move...just cry. Your mama is so amazing and I know it would make her so happy."

But I know the ending to this story was already written four years ago. "Once upon a time" and "the end" tied together in a knot that can not be untied by any force in this life.

So I hope there is peace wherever he is. Because his absence (and the absence of so many others) leaves little peace for us...

...mothers who look at photos and long for the impossible.

1 comment:

msfitzita said...

This was beautiful, Kate. Thank you.

(((HUGS))))

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...