Sunday, November 09, 2008

Secret Pal 13

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Allergic to wool, but love all other natural fibers. Don't mind acrylic if it's soft and squishy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Have a couple fabric needle/hook rolls that work well for me.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Don't knit much. Crochet is my thing and I consider myself an advanced crocheter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Amazon, though there are a few things on there that are stitch related, it's not craft-oriented for the most part.

5. What's your favorite scent?

During the winter months I like baking scents...cinnamon/clove spices...vanilla/sugar...baked apple/orange.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

There's nothing better than good chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Scrapbooking...when I have time.
Gardening.
Cooking/baking.
I like cross-stitch, but haven't had time/space to do it for a couple of years now.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I listen mainly to country music because that's what's available on the radio out here. I also love Broadway musicals and classical music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Favorite color = purple

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with two children and two angel babies.
Lots of pets: Six dogs, four cats, two horses

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, yes, yes, no ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Anything wearable.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Still working on things for friends...a granny square afghan...a teapot cozy...baby blanket that has changed recipients because I didn't get it done for the person it was originally intended for (and now the baby is too old to give a baby gift). I'm also working on an afghan for my own son...it's my "mindless" stitching project.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like my bamboo knitting needles but I don't do much knitting. I use my aluminum crochet hooks the most and I would love to have some nice rosewood crochet hooks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No...but I don't really have a need for one.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

The granny square afghan for my friend is a couple years old. It's a repetitive pattern, so I tend to get bored with it.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

We observe Christmas, though we are not a particularly religious family.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Besides yarn and scrapbooking supplies? nothing really

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Rosewood crochet hooks.
Crochet! magazine or Interweave Crochet.
Enough bamboo yarn or soy yarn in one colorway to make the Doris Chan Amsterdam Coat.
***edited to add***
I have been browsing at The Loopy Ewe and Paradise Fibers and my head is spinning with the possibilities!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I have never crocheted socks, but would love to try.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

No.

23. When is your birthday?

February 8th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes...Kate94651

1 comment:

Secret Pal said...

Hi from your Secret Pal! Looking forward to spoiling you. Did you get my emails?

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...