Friday, June 06, 2008

Weekly SP questions

What's your favorite summertime drink?

For some unknown reason, iced tea is strongly associated with summertime for me. I like flavored tea all the time (hot and cold) and my particular favorite is peach.

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

Riding bikes from sun up until sundown (and sometimes later). We lived in a little subdivision with cul-de-sacs at either end of a pretty big hill. My best friend lived at one end and we lived at the other. We would go back and forth between our houses all day long. Coasting down that hill...so much fun.

What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

I thought you could never have enough...and seeing this proves my theory correct. Still.Not.Enough. I think I will never see a "perfect" amount of stash in my lifetime...though I'm going to have a lot of fun TRYING.

What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”? What yarn do you never want to be without?

There isn't anything really to make my stash complete. I'm a yarn feeler and compulsive buyer...so I usually snatch up whenever I feel something on sale that I like. I never want to be without the Bernat bamboo blend...or alpaca/silk blend...I LOVE them both. I'm just mostly a silky softness freak...whatever FEELS good. My dirty little secret is that I love working with Lion Brand Microspun because the texture is awesome.

Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday? Where is one place you’d like to go?

Favorite vacation so far in my life has got to be Wyoming. I KNOW...WYOMING?!?! Steve and I drove out in my Jeep Wrangler with the wind in our hair (insert snarky comment about Steve's balding), camped out at a campground on the edge of a cattle ranch, hung out with real cowboys at the rodeo, and laughed at the repetitiveness of the Neal McCoy concert (Smokin' in the Boys Room? REALLY?!?!)

One place I'd like to go? Europe. I love the history and the architecture and the different pace of life.

What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

Granny squares. I usually take them with me whenever we go on a vacation. They're small and don't make me sweat because they're laying across my lap. Plus, I can stash the completed ones wherever as I finish them and not worry that if I lose one (or one gets damaged during vacation fun) the whole project will be ruined.

What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit? What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

My living room and the car (not while I'm driving, obviously). I like to listen to the tv and have a glass of diet dr. pepper while I'm stitching (except during the winter I like to drink coffee or tea).

What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?

I personally love chicken salad on croissant sandwiches. But my guys don't eat that sort of thing, so anything Steve grills outside is usually what we have.

Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?

I HAVE considered it. In fact, I was THIS close to entering something this year, but just didn't get my act together in time to meet the submission deadline. Next year I think I'm going to go for it. I'm hoping to have at least one sewing project, one crochet project, and one photograph entered. I'd like to do more, but I'm starting with small goals so I have a hope of actually reaching them.

What Olympic event would best describe you knitting/knitting style?

The marathon...because it takes forever. Ba-dum-bum!

What is the best thing you've ever received in the mail/post?

When Alex died, my friends all around the country chose fabric and sent their selections to one particularly crafty friend to put together in a quilt. It is beautiful and heartfelt and I treasure it.

I’m sure most of us have a proudest moment when it comes to knitting. A project or technique that you’ve tackled and completed beautifully. What is your proudest knitting moment??

And on the flip side? What is the one thing that you can’t get right? What is that one project that you’ve never been able to complete? Or that you did complete but then hid away instantly because it was too embarrassing?


My proudest CROCHET moment was when I completed the christening gown for my coworker's son. He was born just after I lost Alex and I now get some (sometimes bittersweet) comfort by watching him grow. Being able to make something special for his special day was an honor.

One thing I can't get right? Most knitting. I'm a terrible knitter. *sigh*

2 comments:

The Nanny said...

I love water with lemon squeezed in it--so refreshing and YUM!

starrypurplehaze said...

Mmm...peach tea. Yummm.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...