Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back in the swing of things...?

Awake and wishing I were sleeping from 1:30 to 4am.

Out to the minivan without breaking my neck in the snow and ice (must replace work shoes with boots).

Sam was late to school.

The cover blew off Myles' face as we walked into the office and the freezing wind made him gasp for breath.

Office coffee is bad.

Nursed in the office. Lots of thoughts about all the times I closed the door to cry.

On the phone with clients and citizens who I would love to tell to grow up already and start being reasonable.

Lights off...baby in sling sleeping.

Email from my boss that says, "Can you resume control of this matter? I don’t have the time right now. I have stuff on my desk that you should have."

Ouch.

Tell my boss, "Yes," and get second email that says, "Thank you. I love you." Sweet...but still...ouch.

Blogging about my crappy day (hey, some things will never change).

I'd rather be home crocheting. Heck, I'd rather be home doing laundry and dishes.

It's not even noon.

Please let this day get better.

Please.

5 comments:

Hedda said...

I hate days that suck.

I hope things get better soon.

((((hugs))))

Aunt Becky said...

That's a crappy day, all right.

Hope it gets better :)

marcia said...

My goodness, girl! I sure hope your day improved after lunch! Or, at the very least, Steve has been able to get Sam off to bed, and you and Myles are snuggling somewhere in a big comfy chair, with your feet up!! TGIF tomorrow!!

Holley said...

If it is any consolation, my day sucked big time too.

Huge hugs to you.

I hope tomorrow is better. And the next day. And the next day....

Candy said...

Did Myles go to work with you then? Is this your first day back?? I can't keep up!

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...