Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ha! Take that nurse Marilyn!

Never one to take no for an answer...

Dr A:

Marilyn called me Friday to tell me that my glucose test results were slightly high and I needed to do the three hour screen. Since I have the meter, etc., and already know the drill, can I skip the screen and just start testing my blood sugars at home? If so, what testing schedule should I use?

Thanks,
Catherine


Hi, Cathy,
That'll be fine---yes, please check your levels fasting in the morning; 2 hrs after breakfast/lunch/dinner; and at bedtime---we'll see how the numbers behave on your diet...
Hang in there,
Dr. A


So I win and nurse Marilyn loses! neener neener neener!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Ha! Excellent. Double win-- no need to drink the awful stuff and Marilyn looses. Neener indeed.

Marcia said...

:) Gotta love that Dr. A!

Sherri said...

Yay! Good for you for knowing what was right and pushing it further. I'm glad you saved yourself from the 3 hour test. Hey, if you ever get sick of law, you could always consider medicine... ha ha ha :-)

Stephanie said...

Thank you for the smile! Take that crappy Nurse Marilyn!

MB said...

Score for the good guys!

delphi said...

Excellent!

AJW5403 said...

That is great. The way I see it, for those of us that have had GD before we know the drill so might as well do it on our own. Good luck keeping your numbers down.