Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In the blink of an eye

I bird flew into the side of the minivan this morning as I was driving to work.

Thunk. I can't get that sound out of my head.

And I shouldn't have looked in the rear view mirror.

Pregnancy hormones are fun, aren't they? Add unmitigated fear and hope and desperation on top of pregnancy hormones and you get me this morning.

Poor little bird just going about its business and THUNK. I wonder if there are baby birds somewhere going without. I wonder if there are friend birds wondering where in the hell their friend is.

Life just stopped.

I REALLY shouldn't have looked in the rear view mirror.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have experienced this before and it's just awful. I'm so sorry for you and I'm so sorry for the bird.

Plant Girl said...

I had one hit the "post" that runs along the side of the windshield. It was a pheasant. I was going 55mph. My window was down. YUCK!!

I'm sorry that you had to see that this morning. Not a good way to start the day.

Julie said...

Ugh, I'm sorry. I can't get the stupid deer out of my head. I can hear her hitting my van, and I see her over and over again. I'm glad I'm sorry you had such a bad start to your morning.

Julia said...

I am so sorry... You really didn't need that.
We saw not one but two dead baby deer on the roadside this weekend. That made me very sad.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...