Monday, November 06, 2006

Seriously?

---------------------------------------------
Dear _________________________:

While we appreciate your offer, we already have a copy of the book and
have read it through at least once cover to cover.

Thank you for your consideration.

Catherine & Stephen

---------------------------------------------
Dear Stephen & Catherine,

Thank you for considering ____________________ as your adoption professional.
Blessings to you as you seek adoption opportunities.

Warm Regards,

---------------------------------------------
Yeah...I'm not holding my breath for that "we'll keep you on file" opportunity to actually happen.
---------------------------------------------
In a refreshing moment of honesty last night, my sweet husband answered, "yes," without hesitation, when asked if he wanted to try to have another baby.

But that was where the refreshing part of it ended.

Me: "So does that mean you don't want to adopt?"

Him: "Why can't we do both?"

Me: "Because adoption doesn't work that way."

Him: "It would be hilarious if you showed up pregnant and said, 'I want to adopt.'"

Me: "Yeah...hilarious...do we have any advil?"
---------------------------------------------
So you see, things were better (less aggravating) left unsettled and un-talked-about. I think I'm going to retreat back into that let's-not-deal-with-it-until-the-house-is-finished truce.
---------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Well at least you know where he is with things... you don't have to wonder.

I wish there were easy answers.

Hedda said...

That sounds like a conversation my husband and I would have.

Good luck trying to work through all of emotions and stuff you don't want to deal with.

It sucks.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your first foray into adoption stalled so quickly. Whatever you decide to do, it sounds like the two of you have clear lines of communication happening, which is so very important.

We've just started to look into adoption, and from what I've learned so far a lot of agencies won't consider you if you're still considering having your own children (which makes sense, I guess -- they want a full committment). There are so many agencies out there, both foreign and domestic that the chances of finding the child or children you want are good, if you're prepared to wait. (That last part is the agony, for me anyway.)

Good luck to you both.

Dana said...

{{{{hugs}}}}

i'm sorry. i wish it were easier for you.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...