I called before leaving for Pittsburgh (Dr. A is in the reserves)…
I spoke w/ Dr. E (perinatologist): he believes either the placenta separated prematurely, or that it was an infection.
He did recommend another test to check to see if it could have been an infection. I got the impression from him that pregnancy is very possible---will need vigilance, though, if you both decide to go for it.
Please set up a visit to talk---at that time I’ll get the other labs.
Take care, Cathy,
Edited to add:
I'm not really sure how much more vigilant we could be. I mean, ultrasound on Tuesday, dead baby on Sunday. Unless I actually move IN at the doctor's office, it seems pretty much like a losing battle to me.
I think the reason nothing has been suggested is because it's only been two months and I haven't been exactly committed to the idea of trying again (and have expressed as much to Dr. A.). It's not that I want talked into it. But I get the impression that they want a committment up front before they bother with extensive testing and information sharing. I, however, would prefer the testing and information FIRST, so that I could make an "informed decision." I guess we're going to have to address that basic difference in philosophy at some point.