Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A conversation between two idiots

L: "I'm returning your call from...whenever it was that you called."

Me: "Did you go on a vacation or something?"

L: "No, I've been dealing with the same stuff you've been dealing with...funerals and such...my sister passed on after her long battle..."

Me: "Oh, I'm so sorry." (thinking, "God, am I an idiot.")

L: "Well, I guess that's just...the circle of life or something." (said as though he's heard the platitudes and doesn't believe them either)

Me: "I guess...but it still sucks."

L: "Yeah. Now we worry about my mom. Nobody should outlive their kids, that's for sure."

Me: "Yeah, tell me about it." (thinking, "God HE's an idiot)

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...