Friday, May 12, 2006

Thank you

Mom and Dad ~ Thank you for taking care of Sam and everything else when we needed help. Thank you for taking pictures of our Travis...we will cherish them forever. Thank you for the flowers and the poem.

My sister and her husband ~ Thank you for being here. Thank you for the flowers for Travis. Thank you for hanging out and just being normal with us for a bit.

My brother ~ Thank you for being here. Thank you for taking everyone shopping and getting the good beer for Steve. :o)

H and C and A ~ Thank you for being here and for making the cemetery a fun place for Sam. Thank you for one of very few smiles and laughs on this awful day. Thank you for the birthday gift for Sam. I think he may have fallen asleep with the tractor in his hand.

Julie and G, her hubster (don't know if he's ever been named on the net, so I won't divulge his identity without permission) ~ Thank you for driving five hours to be here. Thank you for the flowers and the cards and the lovely gift. It means a lot to me and I am wearing it. (I hope the house was still standing when you got home)

Laura and Justin ~ Thank you for being here. I know it wasn't easy for you to face the sadness with Milo on board...you are amazingly beautiful people and we are lucky to call you friends. Thank you for the flowers. And thank you for the birthday gift for Sam...it's in bed with him tonight. :o)

dbm, dbp, and baby O ~ Thank you for the flowers. Your thoughtfulness across the miles means so much to us. Give that sweet little boy a kiss and hug from us.

David and Toni and crew ~ Thank you for the flowers. Thank you for introducing us to this wonderful circle of people who have kept us afloat when we thought we were going to drown.

Catherine ~ Thank you for the rose for Alex. It is beautiful and perfect. It may seem silly, but it is nice to be able to add memories to his remembrance box...it keeps him alive at least a little bit.

Mel ~ Thank you for the charms. Each one carries thoughtfulness and love, not tainted by the bad stuff. We have so few of those happy-only memories of our boys...it's so nice to smile when I think of them.

My Mother-In-Law ~ Thank you for the card and gift. I know it takes a weight off Steve's mind to be able to take time off work to spend with us without worry.

The people at my office ~ Thank you for thinking of us and supplying us with enough food to last the entire weekend (and probably beyond). You are good people.

Everyone who left an email, ecard, comment, or post on a message board ~ Thank you for thinking of us.

Dan at the cemetery ~ Even though you don't read this...Thank you for taking such good care of our boys. We know it's especially difficult for you and we appreciate the effort you make for them.

The staff at the hospital, including Dr. I, Dr. A, and Dr. E ~ Thank you for taking such good care of us and offering us more than just medical care. The love you shared with us will help us face the coming days and months with a sense of peace that would not have been possible without you.

If I have missed you with a thank you, it is not intentional. I am really working hard to keep it all together and I am maybe not doing as good a job as I should.

2 comments:

Ann Howell said...

I am thinking of you especially on this Mother's Day. I wish so much that all of your children were here to celebrate with you. You are an amazing woman and you deserve much more happiness than the universe is allowing right now. Much love and many peaceful thoughts.

onegreyhorse said...

Nothing I can say, but just wanted to let you know, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...