Thursday, April 13, 2006

155 > 120

Let the fun begin on the road to gestational diabetes!

Ain't this great?

And to add more thrills to the ride, the healthcare corporation who is going to "counsel" me on how to manage the gestational diabetes is staffed by the clueless.

Telephone questions:

You had a IUFD? a stillborn? My SON was stillborn.

This is what number pregnancy for you? three

So you have two living children? no...my second son died and was stillborn

With your first, was that an actual delivery? excuse me? what exactly do you mean?

Was that a birth? a miscarriage? It resulted in my first living son but he was born via c-section

Why did you have a c-section? failure to progress

And the second was a miscarriage? No, he was stillborn

How far along were you? That depends on who you ask. 34 to 35 weeks

You had gestational diabetes before? With my first

And with the second? No

I could seriously have a field day with the lack of sensitivity and the ignorance exhibited here...but it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel...too easy.

I think I'm going to go have a good cry and eat some chocolate before it becomes a forbidden food.

4 comments:

sillyhummingbird said...

I am so sorry about her/his ineptitude. It isn't ever easy, is it??

((hug))

Jillian said...

If you had it in you I would even be sending photos of each of your kids so she can *really* understand that Alex was a child, not "a stillborn" or most certainly a "miscarriage".

I would love to explain things to her in person - you know, educate the masses, one idiot at a time. But you have been hurt enough and I am sorry it falls to you to have to deal with these people when you are the last person who should have to. (((hugs)))

Sherry said...

Ineptitude abounds! Conversations like that make you wish it were possible to reach through the phone and strangle the idiot asking those ridiculous questions. Could a person really lack that much common sense and tact?!

The insurance company should seriously invest in some sensitivity training for their employees!

msfitzita said...

How on earth did I miss this post?? Catherine, I'm so sorry. Lord, as if you don't have enough to think and worry about.

I'm sorry. And I'm sorry you had to deal with such an insensitive dipshit too.

((((((((HUGS))))))

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...