Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pajama day fun

I went to bed early last night...managed a shower today to change my PJs...watched a movie...crocheted some. Now I'm thinking about hitting the hay early again tonight.

But before I find some sweet dreams, let me fill in my answers to the Secret Pal 7 questionnaire before I forget to do it...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Nope...I'll work with anything. There's a perfect project for just about any yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Crochet

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a courdery "crochet bag" (with big wooden handles) that has a matching fold-over hook wallet.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I don't knit...just crochet. I consider myself to be beginner even though I've been crocheting for years. I only did granny squares for a long time and just recently started following patterns and trying things other than afghans.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon wishlist that is combined with my three-year-old son's wishlist. I don't think I have many crochet things on it though...I'll have to fix that. :o)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Sweet scents like vanilla, cookies, etc. for candles. No lotions or bath products please, I'm allergic to most stuff.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Any chocolate will do. Yum!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I loved to scrapbook, but haven't done it in over a year. It's been too hard to concentrate on scrapping my son's happy memories after having buried my other son. So it sits...waiting for my return. I love to take photographs, so I'd better get back to scrapping soon or I'll be buried uner a mountain of pictures.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love country music and anything piano or guitar. My husband has an iPod that I "borrow" and my computer can play tunes to keep me entertained while I'm blogging, etc.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love purple. My house has greens, burgundys and browns.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with a three and a half year old son. We have two horses, three cats, five dogs, two foster dogs, and five tetras (fish).

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, though I have a terrible time losing them. I have one hat that I picked up at the dollar store...I've never really had one that I liked. Mittens are a definite must here in the snow belt. Ponchos...no! No ponchos! They give me horrible flashbacks to my childhood. lol

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything soft but not scratchy.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Wool...I'm allergic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? My current crochet obession is baby stuff for charity. I'm hoping to get a small blankie done for my son (he picked out the perfect red yarn for himself) and a sweater/jacket for myself (something warm to wear around the house).

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to crochet? I'm just now learning to do patterns and love to work on wearables.

17. What are you crocheting right now? a secret. :o)

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? of course!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I would love to learn knitting with straight needles. But I'm a basic kind of crochet gal.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? No preference yet. As soon as I learn to knit, I bet I'll be picky. For crochet, I prefer the aluminum.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope

22. How did you learn to knit? My mom tried to show me once when I was young. I haven't even tried it in years and years. I learned to crochet as a teenager and spent many years doing granny squares. This year, with the loss of my son, I've needed a creative outlet to keep busy. So I'm learning crochet wearables now.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? about a month. Though I have yarn stashed for many more that I haven't even started yet.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday? I'm really not a fan of holidays right now. Prior to my son's death, I loved Christmas the best.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Does yarn count? lol

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I would love to get ANY patterns/materials/supplies for plus size clothes.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd love to learn to knit.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? nope. But I'm going to try some crocheted slippers here soon. My feet are big...size 10.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 8th

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...