Tonight there was a story on the news about a family whose dog had to be put to sleep after eating toxic Diamond Brand dog food. She said, "Christmas was hard, because, you know, someone was missing."
Steve looked up at the television and said something like, "YOUR Christmas was hard? Let me tell you something..."
I laughed...well...I squeaked...since I've nearly lost my voice with the sickies.
The story went on...
The poor little Pomeranian became sick and the family spent about $2000 trying to save him before it was just more humane to put him to sleep.
The company has said that if a connection between the animal's death and the dog food can be "firmly established," they will pay "reasonable vet expenses."
The dog owner said, "It's about more than the money, I want a reasonable explanation as to how this could happen."
Again, Steve looked at the television in dismay, waving his index finger and saying, "You want to know how this happened? I'll tell you what...as soon as I know why my son died, you can know why your poor dog died. I mean, REALLY, this woman needs some perspective."
I'm telling ya folks, this guy is a regular stand-up routine. And I'm laughing like a mad woman over here.