Thursday, July 14, 2005

Who needs a watch?

My belly has never been flat. In fact, except for my years of two hour per day college marching band high stepping practice, I've always been overweight. When I lose/gain weight, I usually notice it because something fits better or worse than it did the week before. Normally, these changes don't bother me or excite me...they just are.

Today, however, my pants are too big and I'm now in a tailspin that has effectively ruined my entire day. Imagine that, I'm upset because I've lost weight. But I think some of you may understand. The baggier my pants get, the further I am away from when I was happy. My waistline has become some sort of bizarre measure of time.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...