Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Open apology to all moms who come after me

It has been brought to my attention that the two most hated words in a mother's vocabulary are, "Just wait..." These two words are generally spoken to a mother with younger children/less experience, and are generally followed by some horror story about the joy that awaits the newer mom around the next corner/milestone. I am TRULY sorry to anyone I may have uttered these words to. I have no excuse other than I'm sure someone did it to me. And like the eternal quest for the perfect purse, this behavior has been handed down from generation to generation without question. It is my sincere hope that you and I can, together, break this cycle of irritation.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...