Sunday, July 03, 2022

Holiday breakup

I read somewhere that watching sons grow up is like the longest slowest breakup you'll ever go through. And it's true. 

Sam has informed me that "steak and sparklers" is a boring holiday...and my heart is breaking.

It's always just been me...trying my best to keep my head above water and appreciate what we have...trying to make the most of this imperfect life. 

But I know I could've done better. I know I could have made better choices and not wasted so much precious time.

And I know he'll never understand. 

I'm glad for that. 

But the way he said "steak and sparklers"...with such derision in his voice...💔

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...