Friday, July 02, 2010

In the holiday spirit

I will take McDonald's dinners to the park and watch Sam and Myles play. I will transport puppies to a new life, meet a friend for outlet mall shopping, take our kids for a little train ride, watch fireworks and drink wine. I will help with yardwork, pitch a tent in the backyard, make a campfire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. I will spend Monday at home reading and sewing and generally lazing around.

I will NOT think about what July might have brought.

Except maybe when I walk past that brick on the top of my fireplace in the living room. The one that holds what might have been.

But for the most part, I will be happy.

I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you some peace this month.

msfitzita said...

No matter where you look, mine fields.

I'm sorry. I hope you'll find some bits of happy too.

(((HUGS)))

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...