Friday, January 08, 2010

Postponed due to lack of interest

This week I spent trying to plan an open house for the APL...for the second week in a row. It was supposed to happen last week but I was sick and nobody did anything for it. As soon as I emailed, "Let's postpone to next weekend," I could almost hear a collective sigh of relief.

So this weekend was supposed to be the date...until it started snowing (and kept snowing) and we decided to postpone for yet another week (of course, now that we've postponed again, it has stopped snowing and tomorrow will probably be perfect).

Anyway...the thought was to keep it simple, but maintain the momentum we gained over the holidays by keeping our name "out in the public." Tours of the adoption center, educational handouts, light refreshments, maybe a giveaway or two...simple. Everyone seemed in favor of it when we floated the idea. But now it seems like nobody has the time or energy or interest...and I don't mind saying I'm getting a bit discouraged.

So...any thoughts on how to motivate people? More specifically, how do you motivate people who are good with ideas but short on action?

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...