Sunday, May 03, 2009

Are you kidding me?!?!

Sam's t-ball coach from last year is an assistant coach this year. He and his wife have four beautiful kids...three boys and one girl. They are lovely people and we really like them (we really should invite them over to dinner or something...but with four kids, they rarely have any free time).

Anyway...

At the first baseball game of the season, while sitting innocently in the stands minding my own business, I overheard someone ask how old the daughter was.

She'll be four on May 11th.

F*** you too, universe!

I guess that'll teach me to eavesdrop.

4 comments:

Holley said...

It is hard when all the "might have been's" slap you in the face like that. No matter how lovely the people.

hugs.

MB said...

Well damn. I hate it when that happens... you let your guard down and start to feel almost normal again and BANG. Lookie there, you're on your ass again. I'm sorry, babe. That sucks. Hugs.

Nathan and Stephanie McMullon said...

I'm so sorry...that really must have sucked.

Unknown said...

I have had so many of those moments lately.

I've been thinking about you alot this month.

And also, just wanted you to know I think you rock.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...