Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Nobody sent me a valentine.
I spent the morning doing dishes and straightening up the house.
My son went off to his uncle's for a sleepover with video games and pizza without so much as a "bye."
I had a very late lunch with Steve and Myles (that included pecan pie...yum) and resisted the urge to spend money unnecessarily on myself, though I did buy a couple small gifts for my brothers fiancee and their baby girl due in April.
I spent the evening sorting through toys destined for Goodwill.
I'm having a very late dinner (of boneless garlic chicken wings) and watching DVRed episodes of LOST with Steve.
I almost wish I was born during this time...

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

We slept through Valentines!

Lissa said...

Mine was pretty much the same, I had a taco salad from Taco Bell =]

kate said...

*I* sent you a Valentine. It's not my fault you don't spend enough time on Ravelry to get it on the right day. ;)

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...