Saturday, February 28, 2009

#9 way to change the world

This is for my friend, Kristin.

I know I don't REALLY have the power to take ownership of a day like this, but I hope you - and the universe - will forgive me for the taking the liberty of stealing away March 9th and asking if you'll consider engaging in a little random kindness that day.

March 9th, for those who don't know, is our son Thomas' birthday. This year would be his fourth.

In his obituary we asked if people would consider doing something good in his memory - no matter how small - because we thought he'd like that. A lot.

Every year since, we've asked people to keep up the wonderful and much appreciated good work by finding ways to make the world a little nicer, a little sweeter, and a little happier on his birthday.

Ripples into eternity, as they say.

It's impossible for your contribution to be too small. If all you do is make someone smile, that's enough. That's all we could ever ask for, in memory of our boy.

If you want to venture back here on the 9th and tell us what you did, we'd absolutely love to hear about it! If you want your act to be a secret, that's fine too.

As always, thank you so, so much.

We still remain in grateful awe of the unending circle of love and support.


Join the Facebook group.

1 comment:

msfitzita said...

Oh Kate, thank you!

You take my breath away sometimes, you know that? You do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...