Friday, January 02, 2009

Frugal Friday

CVS
Pantene Pro-V Shampoo & Conditioner 2/$7-$3q=$4
Received $2 ECB back

SuperK
~Watch out for those $5 off $50 grocery purchase coupons! I snapped up a couple of them, broke my transaction down into two smaller transactions, and saved myself ten bucks.
~Watch out during double coupon events for coupons that don't double. Nine of my coupons didn't double and I didn't catch it until I got home. I was unable to return to SuperK until today and customer service told me there was "nothing they could do" for me because I "waited too long." I'm out $11 (still $1 ahead since I had those two $5 off $50 coupons). The customer service person was impressed with the $73 I saved in coupons...which is what, I suspect, caused her to be less than interested in correcting their mistake. Lesson learned...don't leave the store until you account for every penny.

Miscellaneous
Thanks for the milk buying tips. I can't store milk because I don't have a big enough freezer. We've toyed with the idea of buying a chest freezer, but haven't pulled the trigger on that decision just yet.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...