Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas miscellaneous thoughts

---------------------------------------
Still waiting for part of my Christmas gift to my downstream secret pal to arrive. I blew it. I hope she understands.
---------------------------------------
Christmas socks.
Wood stairs.
Moving too fast.
Fall down stairs.
Go boom.
GIANT bruise on my rear (and oddly numb spot...which worries me).
Thanking lucky stars I wasn't carrying the baby.
See...I CAN look at the bright side even if I look ridiculous "sitting crooked" (as Sam has deemed the one-cheek sitting pose).
---------------------------------------
Sam was completely and totally spoiled. And Myles...I was certain we already had all the baby toys there were to have (from spoiling Sam)...But it seems there are still more out there.
---------------------------------------
I really enjoyed the giving of gifts this year. I gave Steve and Sam a "six pack" of Indians tickets. And the toys...so many toys...so much fun.
---------------------------------------
Facebook Yoville to PC Sims...it's a slippery slope. And it is very odd that despite my sister's assurances that "they can't do that," Angela (the girlfriend) stole baby Beau...just picked him up and carried him off without looking back. Very strange.
---------------------------------------
I ate way too much food and may not need to eat again for a couple of weeks.
---------------------------------------
My brother's fiancee has a little boy who is six years old. He is absolutely darling and he and Sam became fast friends. Sam, who was already adorably excited about having a cousin to play with, is beside himself.
---------------------------------------
I miss my grandparents this time of year because we used to spend every Christmas with them. I tried to find ways to incorporate them into our celebrations...but it just wasn't the same. Life creates such bittersweet moments.
---------------------------------------
My sister does not like to have her picture taken. I don't know why. She's beautiful. And I don't even take goofy pictures of her like our dad takes of me.
---------------------------------------
Despite having eaten too much food and enjoying the gift giving, my feelings can still be hurt by a careless comment.
---------------------------------------

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...