Friday, November 21, 2008

Miscellaneous thoughts

--------------------------------------
On the spot creative mommy thinking for this week :
Sam: What happened to the coupons in my Target toy catalog?
Me: I sent them to Santa...he likes a good deal too, ya know.
--------------------------------------
Do you shop on Black Friday? I did it once and actually enjoyed it. So I'm planning a trip this year. I'm hoping to get all my shopping done on that day so that I don't have to brave the crowds again until after the new year (except for the grocery store which is, unfortunately, unavoidable).

This year we have three additional people to shop for in our family...Myles, my brother's fiancee, and her son...so the planning becomes a bit more involved than in past years where Sam was the only child (toy shopping on Black Friday is reportedly even more insane than electronics shopping). My plan...Kmart, Sears, Office Max, CVS, Target, and Kohls.

Wish me luck.
--------------------------------------
Seriously...check this out for a laugh...

kvetch.com

Those folks at Twitter are genius!
--------------------------------------
I've just finished a conversation with Samuel that easily ranks as the weirdest one yet. He told me all about the little invisible man that lives in his head and who has, as of late, been telling him incorrect schoolwork answers...in a deliberate effort to play tricks on Sam and "be funny." He apparently moved into Sam's cranium at the beginning of the school year and has, up till now, been a reliable and helpful little personality disorder. Now if Sam doesn't listen to him and do what he says, the little man is disruptive and screams inside Sam's brain.

uh...ok...

Anyone know a good child psychologist?
--------------------------------------
Blog posts with links in them make much more sense if you KNOW there are links in them. I just realized the links in my posts weren't showing up as underlined or in any way distinguishable from the normal text. duh!
--------------------------------------
Thanks to Lori for sending me this article about one of my favorite words...meh.
--------------------------------------
LOS ANGELES - Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.
--------------------------------------

1 comment:

kate said...

Your link is a lot better than mine ;) And very good answer to Sam about the coupons...

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...