Monday, October 20, 2008

bwa ha ha haaaa!



I post this in the hopes that people will see that there is still HUMOR to be had during this election period. Quite honestly, I find it very difficult to maintain my own sense of humor. You see, it is my job to advise my county's Board of Elections...to help them interpret directives and advisories issued by the Secretary of State...our top elections official. One of the most valuable tools I use to stay on top of the most current information (Ohio has had several lawsuits and other legal developments recently) is the Secretary of State's website.

Today...I find this message...October 20, 2008 - Columbus, Ohio – Due to security concerns experienced by the Secretary of State’s website, full functionality of the website has been suspended to protect the integrity of state records and data. Full functionality will be restored when we are assured that all data has been protected and restored to acceptable levels of security. If you have questions please contact Secretary of State’s office at 1-877-767-6446.

Great. So thanks to some idiot, my job just got immeasurably harder.

And last week, someone mailed a package with a mysterious white powder in/on it to the Secretary of State. Scrawled on the outside..."Death to Obama supporters." It turned out to be nothing, and we all got a good chuckle that the brain trust who sent it mailed it to the wrong building. But HONESTLY, it really ticks me off! I mean...REALLY?!?!? The people involved are just like me. They go to work every day trying to support their families and doing whatever they can to insure the integrity of the elections process in this state. They work for the people...even the stupid ones. I hope these creeps, whoever they are, crawl back under whatever rock they came from.

Find a sense of humor people. If I can laugh while up to my eyeballs in election legal questions and insanity, then there is NO reason you shouldn't be able to find a light moment or two.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...