Monday, July 21, 2008

Actual conversation

(ring, ring, ring)

Me: Hello

Caller: Hello?

Me: Hello

Caller: Hello...this is so-and-so with such-and-such student loan company. First, I must inform you that this conversation may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.

Me: OK...

Caller: I'm just calling today to inform you that your student loan payment is 38 days overdue

(silence)

Me: ok...

Caller: ...in the amount of $x.xx

Me: Look, I've called...twice...I've emailed...I don't know how many ways I can tell you people that you will get your payment on the 25th. There was supposed to be a note added to my file the LAST time I called.

Caller: There is.

(silence)

Me: And yet you still called me about this?

Caller: When they put the note on the file they should have told you that the letters and calls would continue until payment was received.

Me: ok...

Caller: And the note does not say how much you intend to pay.

Me: I TOLD whoever it was I spoke to the last THREE times that the amount due would be paid in full. As soon as I have it, you'll have it. But I'm sure you will continue to call me in the meantime.

Caller: We will.

Me: (trying to suppress my laughter at this point)...ok...well...it's your dime.

Caller: Have a nice day.

Me: Yeah...you too...talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...