Friday, December 07, 2007

Secret Pal 11

Thank you so much to Julie for sending me an "emergency" secret pal gift since my secret pal went MIA (I haven't heard from her since October and the round ended on November 30th).

Considering I haven't blogged much about anything crafty for a while, she did amazingly well guessing my taste and sending what did, in fact, make me smile.

~Yummy, yummy yarns (cotton/silk, alpaca, and bamboo/wool/nylon)...and knitting patterns to go with! I only hope they're easy enough for this crochet junkie to make sense of.
~A GREAT penguin fleece hat that Samuel immediately claimed as his own.
~A sheep notepad, journal, address book, and notecards.
~Sheep bookplates (I'm thinking of using them on my Harry Potter collection).
~Two bars of homemade soap! Lemon and Ylang Ylang. They smell great. And I can't help but wonder if they were part of the minor eruption of November 19th? (the blogger friend grabbing the camera made me giggle...because that's what I would do). I also wonder if I could convince you to make spearmint/sage soap. I had that a few years ago and LOVED it...and now I can't find it anywhere. I could look online...but that seems iffy.
~Origami bookmark corners.
~Origami peace crane dangle earrings. This lady definitely has TALENT!


Thank you so much Julie! You are too kind to jump in and respond in an "emergency" like you did.

And I promise...now that all the emotional turmoil of the last year has past, I PROMISE to do more crafty posts.

I have made zero progress on Myles' baby blanket. But luckily he's received some fabulous gifts from family and friends to make up for my slackitude.

I am currently working on a baby sweater for a friend. She reads here, so I can't post pictures just yet. I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I had the best of intentions to get baby sweaters to a couple other blog friends...but it just didn't happen. So I'm wondering...how late is too late to send a baby gift? Could I just make them a larger size and apologize in my note to the mama?

I'm STILL working on a granny square afghan for a friend. Now I hear she may be moving. I hope she paints her new bedroom a color that goes with the green and cream I've been using for over a year...cause I ain't starting over. :o)

I think that's it for now. I promise to get back to my yarn as soon as Myles gives me more than an hour and a half of uninterrupted sleep (I've had to rewrite this post four times already to make it make sense...can you IMAGINE the stitching that would result?).

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...