Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11

There has been a serious lack of craft posts on this blog for a while now...a fact I hope to change in the very near future (like this week). But for now, I'm posting this questionnaire (so I won't forget).

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm allergic to wool...so no wool. Anything else goes. I LOVE alpaca and silk (or a combo of the two).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My crochet hooks are stored in a hook roll in my bag. My knitting needles are thrown into a laundry hamper/wicker basket I use to stash stuff in my living room or a plastic tub I use to stash stuff in my craft closet.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I would consider myself an advanced crocheter and a beginner knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, but it doesn't have much crafty on it at the moment. I will see what else I can add.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Sweet scents...vanilla, cookie, etc.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Of course! Anything chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I do not spin. I love to sew clothing. I love to scrapbook but hardly do it anymore. I am trying quilting, but it is a slow going process. I love to cook and bake, but time and my husband's picky eating limit what I can really do in the kitchen.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I am a country music gal. My computer and my cell phone can play MP3s...and my husband has an iPod that I steal from time to time.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Love purple. But I like just about any color (depending on the project).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with one five-year-old son and one son due December 22 (will probably deliver in November if all goes according to plan).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves, hats, and mittens...yes. No ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to knit scarves...but that's just because I'm a beginner and it's the easiest thing I can find. I crochet just about anything...and love to do little baby items.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm crocheting an old-fashioned granny square afghan for my friend, a baby sweater for a friend's baby, and I'm about to start a baby blanket for our new baby (can't decide whether to knit or crochet...still percolating that in my brain).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

My favorite so far are bamboo straight. I've tried straight aluminum and they are ok. My least favorite were the plastic circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Neither...and don't really want either.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

The granny-square afghan for my friend is almost a year old. I get bored easily...and granny squares are quite boring in such a large quantity.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

It's not really a holiday...but my birthday is my favorite...followed closely by my son's birthday and my husband's birthday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Nope.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Nothing I really HAVE TO have at the moment. And I don't have any subscriptions...at all...to anything.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to ramp up my knitting education. I've got the basics figured out...now I think I'd like to try a real knit pattern of some sort.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

No, I'm not a sock knitter. I wear a size 9.5.

23. When is your birthday?

February 8.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

No...don't even know what that is (I'm lame, I'm sure).

1 comment:

Holley said...

My first thought upon reading #7 was:

Yes I often get the sensation of going around in circles. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...