Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm allergic to wool. I can find a use for just about anything else. My favorites are soft, soft, soft. Silk and silk blend is awesome. But I really don't care what it's made of if it's soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a little wrap/pouch that I carry in my bag.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I am a beginner knitter and an advance crocheter. Honestly, I prefer crochet, but I have been known to go off on knitting sprees every now and again.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep...Amazon...link on my sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Give me anything chocolate and I'm your friend forever!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to sew clothing and medieval costumes. I love gardening. I scrapbook, though haven't been motivated to do so for a couple years due to life circumstances. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to country music. I have an MP3 player in my cell phone and my husband lets me borrow his iPod. Yes, the computer plays MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple is my favorite color. There really aren't any colors I "just can't stand."

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married. We have one living child (if you read much of this blog you will see the rest of the story). We have too many pets...six dogs, three cats, two horses, and seven fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, mittens...yes. But I can't stand ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Since I'm a beginner knitter...scarves. Now crocheting...I love to make just about anything. I have yet to really try clothing (knit or crochet)...but I've been thinking about it. I crocheted one purse that I think really turned out cute. I should try more of those. (hmmm...now you've got me thinking...)

13. What are you knitting right now? Right now I'm not knitting a thing. I am, however, crocheting a granny-square afghan for a friend (she requested the granny square style) and a baby sweater set for a friend's baby. Also in the works are a baby baby sweater set for another friend's baby and an afghan for another friend. My charity work is really lagging behind.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have never even tried circular needles...they scare me a little bit. lol. I work best with bamboo knitting needles and I LOVE aluminum crochet hooks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope...I'm not really into all that fiber work.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I tend to finish one project at a time. But this one is four months old (or thereabouts). I forgot how tedious it is to do all those granny squares. Right now I'm working on it during my mindless television watching time in the evenings. Oh...and I WAS going to do a snowflake a week this year for the ole Christmas tree. I haven't done ANY. So I'm behind...what...10 weeks? I really am going to try to catch up here sometime soon.

18. What is your favorite holiday? heh...this is a tough one. I love birthdays...but those aren't really holidays. So of the holidays...probably Memorial Day. It's laid back and there isn't a lot of pressure for it to be "perfect." It's near my son's and my husband's birthdays. Plus it's all about remembering...and I like that. I do like Thanksgiving though. Family and food...that's usually pretty good.

19. Is there anything that you collect? White hobnail milk glass. That started with a piece from my grandmother and is growing bit by bit. I have also recently begun collecting Precious Moments figurines of boy angels (it's not easy finding boy angels...most are usually girls). Oh...and Dr. Seuss books and Walt Disney movies (though these have sort of become my son's collections).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have no subscriptions. I'm currently waiting for my SoftTouch crochet hooks to arrive (can't wait!). I would LOVE to work with more silk or silk blend yarns...they just slide through your fingers and are so soft...I love em! Oh...and someone just told me that Sewing for Dummies has a technique for doing hidden hems ON A SEWING MACHINE! This, I MUST have. And I just found these crochet hooks that I would love to try. :o)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? There's not really anything that comes to mind. But I'm always willing to try something new and interesting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, I'm not a sock knitter. I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe. (now that's not the sort of thing I ever thought I would publish on my blog!)

23. When is your birthday? February 8th.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...