Sunday, January 07, 2007

Never a dull moment

We made it to the birthday party today...the correct day. It was pleasantly boring and there is therefore nothing to write about. So my little Blue dog decided she would spice things up for me by having a seizure on the kitchen floor.

This is my baby girl. I am freaked.

There's really not much else to say about it. She seems ok now, so we're just going to watch her and see how she does (and I think I will baby her with some home cooked burger and rice tonight/tomorrow...shhh...don't tell Steve). She has no history of this and she's two years old...so I have no idea what's up. Here's to hoping it's a virus or low blood sugar or something that will correct itself. Cause I don't think I can watch that again.

I'm off to have a nervous breakdown now...And then it's time for a good long bath in the jacuzzi tub...and maybe an adult beverage.

6 comments:

MB said...

My pom, Atlas, has the occasional one himself. It started when we were robbed a few years ago and he was the one at home. We don't know if the jerk actually hurt him or if it was all stress-induced. He would get them on a regular basis for a while and then they sort of tapered off. He only has a few a year now, thank God. It's an awful thing to watch. Such a helpless feeling.

I hope she'll be fine. I know others who have dogs who have them occasionally and some who have them enough to require medication. Keep an eye on her for sure.

Hugs. Cuz, what you need is more stress!

Laura said...

Poor sweetie. I had a diabetic springer spaniel on insulin. (had to give that dog shots twice a day.) Before we got her sugar regulated, she would have horrible seizures. It's such a terrifying thing to watch--you feel so helpless. I hope that was her last one, poor little thing.

Anonymous said...

aww, poor doggie:(

I am with you on the adult beverage thing.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...i hope it is something self-correcting, and it never happens again. Sheesh, it really never *is* a dull moment at your house. Wishing you some boring days and tasty adult beverages, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I think I read somewhere that dogs can be prone to seizure with elevated temps. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was scary.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, my poor dachshund had seizures starting when he was about 3. Turns out it was epilepsy and phenobarbital was the answer. He didn't have any more seizures after the diagnosis. Hope he's okay. Scary.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...