Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Thinking only good thoughts

My friend Kathi went for her scheduled c-section today to deliver her daughter, Grace, into this world. Is it wrong that I'm terrified for them? Kathi is one of those friends who "gets it," so I know she won't mind I'm finally saying this out loud (she reads and comments here pretty regularly). She has battled seriously high blood pressure throughout her entire pregnancy (we're talking stroke levels). And though I never said a negative word to her about it...Oh.my.God...I cry when I think about it all.

Good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts...
-------------------------------
Grace Emerson made her way safely into the world around 12:15 this afternoon. She is 7 lbs and 22" long. Mommy and baby are doing well.

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!
WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY GRACE!

4 comments:

Kathy McC said...

Thinking good thoughts for Kathi and her family today!

MB said...

Grace...love that!;) Congrats to Kathi! Now breathe...

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Congratulations to Kathi and welcome Grace!

How is Kathi doing now?

kate said...

Congratulations Kathi and welcome baby Grace!

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...