Friday, August 04, 2006

Thank you friends

Every day, in little ways, our boys are remembered.

These memory boxes were put together by my dear friend Kate and her friend Suzanne. They were something I initially thought I had the strength to put together myself...but faced with the empty boxes, I found I just couldn't do it.

So I handed the empty boxes over to Kate and Suzanne to fill with love and all the things they thought appropriate. The boxes will be donated to a hospital to be given to those who live through the unthinkable loss of a baby.

The cards on these two say, "This box was made for you in memory of Alex C," and "This box was made for you in memory of Travis C."

Thank you so much. And thank you to anyone who holds Alex and Travis in their memory or does something special in remembrance. It means more to me than I can say.





There are other boxes too. In memory of other children. Too many.

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

Those are beautiful Catherine. They will bring a lot of comfort to parents who don't know what to do in a hard moment. Especially the camera! Too many parents are too rushed and forget their own. This is a very good deed you have inspired.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...