Wednesday, June 07, 2006

...and I wasted all that birth control

I was thinking about Cecily and her new baby and my mind wandered as it often does these days. It started naturally enough...Cecily...new baby...the twins...the title of her blog....and I wasted all that birth control...how long was I on birth control?...twelve years?...no...eleven years...they all told me it was so easy to get pregnant...to have a baby...the health teacher...even my mother asked me, "You know where babies come from, right?"...I was so afraid of getting pregnant...I took birth control for eleven years...if those poor high school girls only knew the truth...what are the statistics?...on a good cycle you've only got about a 30% chance...and that's if you catch the RIGHT day...hell...it took us four months to catch the right day with Alex...and four months to catch the right day with Travis...still no baby...I shouldn't have waited...why DID I take all that birth control?

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...