Thursday, October 06, 2005

A much needed break

I was forced to take today off work today because Sam only goes to daycare four days per week, with Wednesdays normally off. But since we used daycare so we could go to the play yesterday, we had to take another day off. I'm glad I took today instead of tomorrow off. I didn't realize seeing the play yesterday would do me in like it has. I feel wrung out like a wet dishrag. But it's different than the old sadness. I wish I could put it into words and explain this change that I feel. I'm just glad I have the day to mull it over and get some perspective before I have to face work for a day.

-----------------------------

It appears as though the drunken septic mapper wasn't so drunk when he drew the diagram for our system. Though the reference points are all backwards, the system is EXACTLY where he said it would be. Finally...something easy. Now we cross our fingers and hope that this solves our problem and we don't have to worry about tree roots blocking our lines.

-----------------------------

I made my first batch of MOM Project bracelets. I'm off to see if I can post a picture.

-----------------------------

My headache is gone and my Sam just asked me if I wanted to see his belly button. It's not a bad day after all.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...