Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thanks for the reading suggestions.

I read Empty Cradle, Broken Heart...it was ok...nothing to write home about.

Then I read Empty Arms (what's with the empty theme?) and didn't care for it at all.

I picked up Trying Again last night again and I think I must be in a bit better of a frame of mind, because it's not as bad as I first thought. The thing that really set me off of it the first time was the line, "There's not any single right answer." But I read past that and it's actually pretty helpful.

The thing I waffle on dis/liking in all these books are the, "Nancy remembers the feelings of hopelessness..." stories. I don't need to identify more...I can identify just fine without the personlized stuff, ya know?

I'll give Pregnancy After a Loss a try too...thanks for the suggestion.

Can you tell I'm a researcher by nature? A planner? I wonder why I bother, since we all know it don't mean a hill of beans in the long run.

1 comment:

Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

I really liked "Life Touches Life". I don't know, I read it at about two months out. She really helped me to see that Isaac could still be a part of my every day life. I recommend it. I read it in a day. Like you, I was over the identify stage. Just food for thought.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...