Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My coworker had her baby

And as a very good friend said...why couldn't she do the decent thing and just go have her baby quietly over the long weekend?

7lb 9oz baby boy made his entrance into the world at about 10:30 this morning. Mom and baby are healthy and happy. The message from her mom didn't include a name. I hope her husband didn't name him something weird. Last I heard (before Alex died) he was entertaining the first name of "Crash." lol

I know it sounds horrible, but I'm so glad she had that baby and will be out on maternity leave now. It was so hard to pass her and her pregnant belly in the hallway each day. And she has enough leave saved up, she probably won't be back until October. By then the new baby stuff will have worn off and I can get away with polite inquiries without all the required newborn goo-goo-ing.

I think that's the last pregnant person I come into contact with on a regular basis. Thank God! Now I can stop feeling like someone is rubbing salt in an open wound. Right?

2 comments:

Jillian said...

((((HUGS))))

Julie said...

Just so you know, it's perfectly ok to run like hell the other way when you see the new mommy return to work, or if you all of a sudden get busy, that is fine too. You don't have to do the polite ooohing and ahhhing if you just don't have it in you. Honestly, there are still times whe I don't have it in ME. ((((Cathy))))

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...