Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Oh great!

I was surfing the web for some information on coping techniques (you can Google anything) and I came across www.athealth.com. They have a very good article on parental grief. But I have to admit that I was a bit disturbed by the classification of parental grief in "Mental Health Disorders and Conditions." Granted, there are moments I feel like I'm suffering from a "disorder or condition"...but mostly I think this is just me coping with the crappy hand the universe has dealt me lately. I'm pretty sure it's not an internal thing, as I was completely happy before my son died. But that's just a guess...and you know you can't take the word of someone with a mental disorder or condition, right?

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...