Monday, June 27, 2005

Do you believe in signs?

I believe in signs. I always have. And today I NEED to believe in them.

I was having a particularly rough day so I decided to go out to the cemetery and water Alex's flowers. I said, "I love you Alex," turned to leave, and saw the most amazing green hummingbird hovering under the tree my car was parked nearest to. It stopped me dead in my tracks as it hung there in mid-air for a few seconds and the flitted off across the field and into the woods.

Thank you Alex...I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup I do.

Big hug.

Julie said...

I totally believe that was Alex letting you know he was there. They know when we need to see signs. The trick is to be open to them. Hugs!

Julie said...

Oh I am SO glad to see I'm not the only one! One very early morning I was letting the dogs out, and there were two cardinals sitting on the fence. It looked to me in that split second that it was one male and one female; but the female flew away as I opened the door. The male sat there for just a moment longer, I swear he cocked his head looking at me, and he gently left.
I thanked Nick for starting my day off with a little beauty.
I'm glad you had a moment as well.

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...