Monday, May 30, 2005

We had it all figured out

We planned it all.

The kids would be three years apart. Close enough to be friends, but far enough apart so as to not be in each others' shadows.

I waited a year after starting work so I could accumulate vacation time and be sure that I could use Family Medical Leave if necessary.

We waited the appropriate time after I stopped taking birth control pills so we would have a "healthy baby."

Steve begged a promotion at work so we could possibly afford daycare for two.

We told Sam all about Baby Alex. We even did the good parent thing and bought books about being a big brother.

I ate all the right things...did all the right things...saw the doctor when I was supposed to.

We had it all figured out.

We planned so well.

We were so naive.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...