Wednesday, March 23, 2005

On the job front

The latest rumor is that we WILL be paid on time. Perhaps the threat of the sheriff jingling the handcuffs and waiting to throw the auditor in jail for dereliction of duty was just too much pressure. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am now up to my eyeballs in work...much of it centered around how the county digs out of the multitude of messes it is in surrounding the budget. It's interesting to work in a county where the court clerk's office is only open half days. Note to self...Must remember to file between 8am and noon.

I haven't heard anything back from any of the resumes I sent out. I've got to get cracking and send out another round.

Steve is bucking for a promotion at work. They originally told him he could be promoted in title...but they didn't have any more money to pay him for the promotion. So, being the smart guy he is, he started looking at other jobs posted within the company. He told his manager he was thinking about one in particular, since he really needs more money for the baby to go to daycare, and his manager is now working on finding him more money to stay where he is. I love that guy!

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...