Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Who am I? How did I get here?

When I was a kid, I collected unicorn collectibles.

I have no real idea why.

I think it started when someone gave me one as a gift and I said I loved it...to be polite.

Two days ago my mom (currently in rehab following foot surgery) told me she was feeling sick...and my mind immediately went to a very dark place (thank you coronavirus).

Yesterday I had to tell my 12-year-old that a sleepover with three of his friends wasn't worth the coronavirus exposure risk and he has to stay home.

Today I have to consider whether to take legal action to stop a local festival from creating a coronovirus exposure risk for the public by opening this weekend.

Tomorrow I get to watch my 18-year-old asthmatic son don a surgical mask and head off to his minimum wage job at Dollar Tree...where he will undoubtedly be verbally abused by strangers...and potentially exposed to coronavirus.

Later this summer we get to discuss whether on-campus college life is worth the coronavirus exposure risk.

Nothing makes sense anymore...and I'm tired of being polite.

I've always really hated unicorns.

Wear a mask if you must go out.

But better yet...

DON'T GO OUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO!


No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...