Thursday, January 13, 2005

Is it a girl or a boy?

Well, Sam and I have graduated from the denial stage of pregnancy into the real world of, "I want to say hi to the baby."

When I first found out I was pregnant we would talk about it with Sam and he would simply say, "NO," and cover his ears with his hands.

Following that, we played a good round of, "What is the baby going to be...a boy or a girl?" The responses were usually all the same, "NO." We worked on softening him up a bit and we would respond back with, "Well if it's not a boy and not a girl...what is it? A baby goat?" This was usually followed by continued silliness during which the species grew more outrageous until we both dissolved into fits of giggles.

Now, he comes running into the room when I am changing clothes to announce, "I want to say Hi to the baby." This means it's time for me to present my bare belly for gentle pats and rubs and a very sweet, "hi baby."

Everyone told me how amazing it is to watch your children interact. I thought they were nuts until now.

No comments:

Mom

My mom insisted on living independently. She wanted to live in the two-story house she and my dad built in the 70s, despite the fact that da...